2009.
To each their own adventure.
Below you'll find a little about mine. Keep in touch and tell me about your life's journey, too!

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

disagreement

My mind and my body are having a tough time with each other right now.

My mind is thinking, "Wow! Let's get out into Colorado's outdoors, get some exercise, meet some new people, and have a good time in nature."

My body is saying, "No, you can do that again. I haven't even recovered from the last excursion. My legs are tight, my neck is sore, I have a blister on my left foot. No, no, no, no, no!"

Yesterday, a group of six people who Laura and I know from work, went mountain biking near Red Rocks! For half of us, it was the first time out this season and we had a tremendous amount of uphill riding to accomplish before heading down. It was tough: a mile up over sometimes rocky and windy trails! I went down from there with Brandon and Henry. Laura kept going with Chris and Jay. By the time we met up at the bottom, we were all pretty worked over! Today my body and bottom are pretty sore, but my mind feels a sense of accomplishment.

2 comments:

Emily Dykstra said...

Oh man.. that sounds like so much fun.

Let me give you the details of my day: nausea and then more nausea. Go ahead. Pity me. I want to hike like you.

Save a hike for me!

Kris said...

Good for you! I am way jealous of your time outdoors! We're looking forward to a lot of outdoor time this weekend. Hope you have a great weekend!
K