2009.
To each their own adventure.
Below you'll find a little about mine. Keep in touch and tell me about your life's journey, too!

Monday, May 26, 2008

a memorable day

For Memorial Day, Laura and I headed out to a barbecue. We had a good time with a majority Antarctic group of people. I tried a new recipe for the event. Hoping for sunny, bright, and otherwise warm weather, I thought sangria would be the perfect beverage for a barbecue. And, even though the skies were gray, we ate on deck furniture (including table umbrella) inside, and it looked more like Seattle than Denver, the sangria went over pretty well. When looking up a recipe online, I found there are as many recipes as there are people. And, everything is subject to personal taste. So, the recipe I came up with:

1 extra large bottle of the cheapest red wine at the liquor store
1 can of frozen lemonade (made per directions on can)
2 shots of brandy
1 apple sliced
1 orange sliced with peel
2 small peaches sliced
2 small limes sliced
10 large grapes halved

Let stand for three hours, or more and then ready to serve. The longer the fruit marinates, the better it tastes!

3 comments:

Jonathon and Katie said...

That's so funny! I just made Sangria for Jonathon's party that will be on Saturday. My recipe is much different and suggest "sitting" for four to seven days. Was your recipe tasty?

Emily Dykstra said...

I am so there. So there.

andrea said...

It turned out real well. You're all invited for the next batch!