2009.
To each their own adventure.
Below you'll find a little about mine. Keep in touch and tell me about your life's journey, too!

Monday, June 16, 2008

by the numbers on a busy morning

This morning I had 1 phone interview for 51 minutes for 2 positions. I have sent and received 14 job-related e-mails in just 4 hours. It seems like my resume has been in the job market long enough to finally start receiving some attention.

Of the 66 jobs I've applied for (an average of about 6 applications per week), I still show about 29 open on their respective websites. I have found 3 new companies last week to begin applying with. I am 108 pages into the book, 48 Days to the Work You Love, by Don Miller. This book has helped me determine some goals and gifts that I have, and is leading me to the 3rd major rewrite of the resume this year to capitalize on those goals and gifts. Hopefully it won't take me 7 weeks to find a job from when I started reading!

I feel like I have a full time position job searching; now, if only I could get paid a full time salary!

2 comments:

Kris said...

Just remember about the number of people who are out there thinking and praying for you, too! Keep going, you'll find it!

Jim said...

Wow! You aren't kidding around. You probably deserve a salary plus overtime for all of that work. Good luck!!