2009.
To each their own adventure.
Below you'll find a little about mine. Keep in touch and tell me about your life's journey, too!

Thursday, June 5, 2008

an uneventful week

It has been a slow week for the job-seeker. There has been very few new positions posted and I wonder if it's because we're in the last month of the second quarter of the year. Instead of putting out a lot of new applications, I've been cleaning out my Excel file listing my progress. It's a very organized and color coded file identifying what positions are open and what companies I have expressed interest in.

From my records, I show I've applied for over 65 positions in the last couple months and as far as I can tell, about 30 of those are still open. I'm pretty confident about the positions I've applied for, and hope that of those open jobs, I'll be the candidate for one of them.

I've had a lot of recommendations from people for various career sources to check out. And, while I feel overwhelmed by the number of places to go, your suggestions would still be appreciated!

I was also reminded that as much as I want a new job and watch my bank account slowly lose funds, I won't be very useful unless it's the "different place and time" that God wants me to be in. I have my ideas of where I'd like to go and how I'd like to serve a company, but when I make plans, they always seem to break down for something different. I'm trying to exercise a healthy amount of patience; which is usually easier said than done. However, when I consider that God's got it figured out, I find I am much happier with the "time being."

No comments: