2009.
To each their own adventure.
Below you'll find a little about mine. Keep in touch and tell me about your life's journey, too!

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

revenge of the drinking straw

Yesterday Laura and I went out for smoothies before her dip 'n dash (a weekly swimming and 5k run she participates in. She's transitioning in the picture here). I pulled the straw open, stuck the plastic tube in my mouth and somehow proceeded to shove it, with some force, into the roof of my mouth and the back of my throat. This is not entirely comfortable. I feel like I have a sore throat on one side of my mouth.

To top it off, I had a little extra embarrassment at my dentist appointment this morning. The x-ray tech, the hygienist who poked around at my gums, and the dentist, herself, commented on the damage in my mouth, or how sore my pallet must be. Note to self: consider straw safety next time such a tool is required to slurp up a delicious beverage, or just drink out of the cup.

On a better note, for the first time in about three years, I do not require any new fillings!

1 comment:

Emily Dykstra said...

Seriously LOL... "This is not entirely comfortable..." You're a hoot, A!