2009.
To each their own adventure.
Below you'll find a little about mine. Keep in touch and tell me about your life's journey, too!

Friday, August 15, 2008

friday feels good

What a gorgeous day today! A lot of locals have been complaining about the near-90F temperatures, but folks need to appreciate the sun when they get it out here!

My Ice friend, J, stopped in with one of his Trek America tour groups this morning. They were on the Alaska Ferry that docked in Bellingham. We had a cup of coffee together before they scooted off down I-5 to Seattle. I nearly mistook the guy for an Alaskan Kodiak bear with all the facial hair he's sporting these days! Despite the grizzly appearance, and that he took a "toe shot" way up north in Dawson, Yukon (you can google it, but you probably don't want to), everyone should be so fortunate to have a friend like J.

On my way back, I dropped in at Boulevard Park on Bellingham Bay. There is a coffee shop here that may replace the one I found in Fairhaven a couple days ago because it has a fantastic view over the water and free wi-fi, too! I have a lot of things I could accomplish indoors, but this morning was for spending time outside on a lovely morning, reading and journaling, and listening to the conversations around me; some of which are listed below:

.Finances, taxes, and IRA's
.Airports and island building in Dubai and The Maldives.
.The poor choice of deck chairs at the coffee shop.
.Construction on The Guide Road and how many lanes the new bridge over the Nooksack river will have.
.The road construction project lead to conversations about the Vancouver 2010 Olympics.
.The inappropriateness of a burning fireplace on the deck of the coffee shop on such a warm day.
.This passed year's Valentine's Day surprise.
.The noise levels of bagpipes at a wedding.

And no one thought I was listening.

So, today I sat and breathed in God's creative work around me; the people talking, the green, fresh-cut grass and greener seaweed, the yellow flowers growing between the rocks, the water, islands and boats of every shape and size, friends, celebrations (like Laura's birthday), coffee, warm and clear weather, peace and joy, and fresh sea salty air. Ah.

No comments: