2009.
To each their own adventure.
Below you'll find a little about mine. Keep in touch and tell me about your life's journey, too!

Saturday, September 27, 2008

back to the bustle

I woke up early on Thursday morning, packed my bags, ate breakfast, and walked to the bus station only to find that, again, the bus tickets were sold out for the morning trip to Sao Paulo. That meant I had four hours to spend in Paraty (no complaints there), but it also meant I would be rolling into the city after dark (not entirely comfortable).

I picked up some maracuya "cake" (passion fruit) from a man with a cart of these creamy, gelatinous sweets, but the carts were not out in the morning. After a few raindrops, the morning turned quite lovely. I took advantage of the clear skies to take in the town and snap a good number of door and window pictures from Paraty.

Finally, on the way out of town, I picked up a couple of mangoes, said goodbye to Melissa (our hostess with the mostest at the hostel) and headed off to catch my afternoon bus. Mist and rain couldn't ruin the view from up in the hills looking back at the beach. The trip was beautiful with gorgeous overlooks and so many different colors of green; some that I never knew existed in nature!

The rolling windy roads, the humidity, and the fact that I seemed to catch Charlie's cold made for some discomfort. But, I kept my nose to the windowpane to watch the scenery pass.

I made it into Sao Paulo at 7:30, or so, caught the Metra back to the Consalcao station and walked down to the August Park Suites Hotel where my other bag was still being stored. Djervens, one of the English speaking desk receptionists was there trying to convince me to stay longer than one night, but he did have a room. Relief!

No comments: