Mark and Annette hosted a Christmas Eve party after church on the 24th. I helped a little bit with the hors d'oeuvres. The event turned out to be a fantastic little party complete with a garage-turned-living-room set up for extra seating. There was no lack of excitement when Annette's sister, Laura, and her family showed up to be part of the festivities from Idaho!
Not to be forgotten is the boterkoek (Dutch butter cake). I can't turn down anything with almond paste in it and this stuff is no exception! Annette and I made 6 cakes with her mom in preparation for Christmas. I even got one to take back with me!
Christmas day I participated in Annette's family party. They were gracious to have me along for their present opening extravaganza (see one of the boys studying his gift in this photo), Christmas dinner lunch and amazing olie bollen (a terrific Dutch treat) later in the day. Meeting new people and seeing their family celebrate was really fun! And, of course, I had a blast hanging out with Mark, Annette, and their three boys, too!


1 comment:
Do you have the recipe for boterkoek? It sounds wonderful, and I, too, can't pass up anything made with almond paste.
Post a Comment