In any case, I forgot how gorgeous so much fresh snow can look over evergreen trees (my photo on the fly does not do it justice). For those of you familiar with northwest Washington, when I drove through the hills by Sammish Lake and Alger, I wanted to stop and snap a bunch of pictures, but these ended up being snapshots in my memory.Only one stretch of road yielded complete snow and ice and that was early on in my journey by the Stillaguamish River. The rest of the way I had at least tracks of black pavement to follow.
South of Olympia, I-5 was actually closed for a few hours due to a six semi, 23 car pileup. I sat at a standstill for just over an hour before the road reopened. Up near the crash site, people had actually built snowmen on the side of the road, and one was actually sculptured to be a dog, or a bear.
Typically a 4.5 hour trip, I arrived in 7.5 with only one stop on the way for coffee, some snacks, and a tank of gas.
During my one trip, I got out my super-duper midwestern snow brush and ice scraper combo. I actually heard someone say, "That's cool! Look what she is doing!" I had to laugh. They must sell snow brushes in Washington!


No comments:
Post a Comment