2009.
To each their own adventure.
Below you'll find a little about mine. Keep in touch and tell me about your life's journey, too!

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

encountering encounters

I went to rent a movie (that hasn't been released yet) today. It was a bit disappointing that I left the store without it.

I did, however, notice that Encounters at the End of the World was on the shelf as a new release. It took me by surprise to see, not one, but four copies of this social documentary, and all four were checked out. This made me smile.

If you wonder why I am so fascinated by this, it is because this movie was filmed while I was in Antarctica, and I know nearly all the people featured in this film. And, I have a (probably coffee stained) copy of the Antarctic Sun with the producer, Werner Herzog's signature on it.

I know I've mentioned this flick before, but go rent it for an extraordinary and interesting look into the society at McMurdo Station and beyond.

No comments: