I can probably estimate the amount of bright stuff in the sky to be in the vicinity of under 4 hours since I returned from my road trip. Not that I mind. The clouds are sort of comforting in a strange sort of familiar way; after all, this locale is the closest thing I have to "home."

I took some pictures of the fog this morning on the water. Before I ducked into the coffee shop, for a morning on the internet with my double almond latte, and while I briefly walked through the chilling clouds around me, I drew an immediate parallel to the low-visibility in my own life. I felt as if I was peering out into the white fuzz of my limited right-now-knowledge; understanding that the sun, and the clarity it brings, are just a few feet above or beyond me.
This afternoon was the first time the haze blew off for the entire afternoon. Something of an "Ahhhh" moment happened; you know, like in the movie Finding Nemo when the Sydney Opera House comes into view and, every time through the course of the film, an operatic chord is played (by the way, that's really the sort of feeling it gives you to see that architectural wonder). That is sort of how it felt today to put on my sunglasses. I knew there was a reason I had been carrying those around for a couple weeks! I cannot wait to have that moment again when I find a job!


No comments:
Post a Comment