I recently bumped into this German video. It's an eight minute animated short film that puts time into perspective. I couldn't help thinking of the verse: "ashes to ashes, dust to dust." But, watch it for yourself: Das Rad (The Wheel).
Other modern day life-applicable messages that I have found in culture recently:
Regarding the phrase, "don't rock the boat":
...sometimes, a boat needs to rock; a boat needs to head straight for the heart of a storm and come out on the other side, weather-beaten, but with flags flying. -- book: marisa de los santos --
Flying by the seat of our pants...often turns out to be the best way to fly. -- book: marisa de los santos --
A lot of great things come out of messy and complicated things. -- tv: brothers and sisters --
There's no weakness in forgiveness. -- tv: friday night lights --
A longer life isn't necessarily a better life. -- 1st presbyterian church, bellingham --
Monday, January 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Perfect timing on the post! Yesterday I was forced to quit my job... long story, but you really couldn't have chose a better post at a better time. Thanks!
Post a Comment