It was gray outside, but I went running anyway. Do you know what I found funny?
Two high school grungy-goth-clad boys met me on the road. As I ran past, I noted they distinctly smelled of sweet floral laundry soap. The entire aura they gave off made a statement of momma's-boy rebellion.
What I'm missing is how this trend still has claws in today's high school society. These styles were brought around when I was in junior high and high school. You can't tell me that creativity in this group of teenagers has prevented them from developing their own fashions! Whatever happened to the sleek black matrix-influenced lycra tights of the new millennium that we were supposed to incorporate into our flying-car, skyscraper sort of modern lifestyle? I suppose a more realistic trend of "cupcakes" and beer bellied obesity has kept the streamlined plastic apparel from infiltrating the mainstream.
Never mind retro-70's and 80's; it is the retro-90's making waves in the fashion industry because it never truly went away. I'm not old, but 1993 that was 15 years ago! How can such a digressed and depressed style of clothing hold on that long?
Really, though, I appreciate how people can express themselves through color and dress. Without our differences, this world would be a profoundly boring place to live.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment