2009.
To each their own adventure.
Below you'll find a little about mine. Keep in touch and tell me about your life's journey, too!

Friday, April 11, 2008

a project or two

While I am in Ontario, I have been working on a few creative projects. I've organized some pictures and sent a couple of baby gifts and made some cards for friends.

I like sending these cards to friends. It gives me time to think about the people I'm sending it to; and in the case of these ones, in particular, I get a lot of that time.

Perhaps my interest in communication encourages me to keep in touch the old fashioned way, and making something with my mind and hands indulges my creative outlet.

According to greetingcard.org (yes, I actually found a website to educate and encourage people to send greeting cards): Although e-mail, text messaging and phone calls are valued by Americans for helping them communicate with family and friends, the majority of Americans say they prefer the old-fashioned handwritten card or letter to make someone feel truly special...cards allow them to keep in touch with friends and family and make them feel they are important to someone else.

While I was in Washington, I picked up a book on three dimensional card making and I've experimented with a few of the designs and some up with a few of my own as well. They turn out pretty good, but they also take a long time to piece together!

2 comments:

Emily Dykstra said...

Way, way, way cool! You have, hands down, the BEST greeting cards ever. I can't wait to see your new creations!!

Emily Dykstra said...

I can't believe I was the recipient of one of these awesome creations!