I don't take much pride in the food I cook. But, this evening, when I saw applesauce, raw chicken tenders, and potatoes, I started thinking. I felt a little like I was on a reality television show where I have to make something with the slim pickings from the kitchen I'm in.
Starting with a base of 1/8 cup olive oil, I added 1/2 cup applesauce and two cups of water with some fresh rosemary, squeeze of lemon juice, a little lemon herb blend, ground salt and pepper, to start simmering. In the meantime, I sliced up two small potatoes and defrosted the chicken. I dumped the mixture together and let it cook while I put some beans on as well.
And, voila! Dinner for Laura and I! I thought it might be too sweet, but if anything, was a bit to rosemary-y. No one can say I'm not making an effort to earn my keep while I'm visiting her!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Wow... You're a cook now? A, I'm so proud!
Post a Comment