I did something a bit unusual this morning: I went out for coffee (that wasn't the unusual part). I went out to coffee with my friend, Molly, from way-back; like junior high era!
There is something so great about seeing someone who I was once friends with who is all grown up. We talked about some old crushes, some past drama, exchanged stories on people we both once knew. We talked about where we had been and what we have studied, who we've become friends with and what our careers look like. We exchanged hopes, and feelings, and life expectations.
When it comes right down to it, the last 17 years have put us both in similar situations. We're both single, Christian, women, trying to do our best at finding a place for ourselves geographically on a map, and relationally to other people.
I'm so glad the opportunity came along to meet up again. And, I hope we have another chance to spend a little time with each other again before we move along again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
That's great, A! I'm glad you had that coffee with her. It's nice to meet people along the journey, esp. "rediscovered" friends.
Post a Comment