Ten indications that it is beginning to feel a lot like summertime!one. The little protected soft neon green buds on the fir trees have become coarse and blend in with the rest of the tree now.
two. The fluffy little cotton-tailed bunny rabbits are not so fluffy and not so little anymore.
three. The sun still has a glow on the horizon at 9pm.
four. I know they are expecting a foot of snow in the mountains in Washington today, but it's expected to be over 90 in Denver.
five. I heard a cricket.
six. The asphalt smells hot in the evening.
seven. There are no ifs-ands-or-butts about mowing the grass. Lawn mowers are a common sound in the morning and after work.
eight. Iced coffee beverages and smoothies are all the rage.
nine. Little kids are playing t-ball in the park.
ten. Friends are on vacation and talking about back yard barbeque's!


2 comments:
Yea for summer! Might I also add a few?
- kiddos are asking for popsicles
- the sandals live by the door again instead of in a closet
- the smell of sunscreen is in the air
And I hear the ice-cream man's song playing as he drives through the neighborhood every day. :-) One of these times, I'll have to run out and get something.
Post a Comment