2009.
To each their own adventure.
Below you'll find a little about mine. Keep in touch and tell me about your life's journey, too!

Saturday, June 21, 2008

missing family

The one important event I will miss while I am away is a family reunion. My mom's side of the family is gathering in Colorado for the week to spend some time in the mountains together and I was going to visit for a couple days with Laura.

My mom came into the area this evening with two of her siblings and my cousin, Jennifer to stay up at my aunt and uncle's house for the night before going to the reunion. Laura and I had not planned to visit them, but since I was leaving on Sunday, we decided to make the drive and catch up a bit over sandwiches for supper.

I'm glad we were able to do that. It's always good to see mom and hear about the trip so far. We also were able to spend time with some cousins and took Jennifer home with us for the night.

Aunt Joyce also recently purchased a scooter. Since it seemed pretty neat, Laura and I took a little run around the block with it. I have had thoughts of getting one once I get a job. They get between 80-100 miles per gallon and would be a good commuter vehicle work on nice days, and for little trips around town to run errands, too! No special license is required; it's follows the same traffic conventions as riding a bike. It just won't leave you as sweaty when you walk into work.

No comments: