2009.
To each their own adventure.
Below you'll find a little about mine. Keep in touch and tell me about your life's journey, too!

Saturday, July 12, 2008

life sans-laura

Laura left me by my lonesome this weekend so she could attend the wedding of a friend in Michigan. I knew I had to be quite deliberate about keeping busy so I didn't end up tucked away inside, so I made a mental "to do" list and have been leisurely checking off each item.

On Thursday I went to a corporate open house and spent time with my friend, Mae for the evening. Friday brought a couple of walks; one for coffee and one to the post office to mail a package for Laura. I also got her car serviced and some gas. In the evening, I started a couple of projects that have been waiting for quite some time.

This morning I went on a walk to go grocery shopping. I also took another walk to find laundry detergent and chocolate chips for my banana chocolate chip bread. The weather, after a couple of scorching days, was gorgeous! I prepped my very own lime burgers recipe and spent the late afternoon at the pool, hanging out with a couple of Ice people and chatting about the latest budget cuts. (Incidentally if you want to drop a note to your local congressmen, encourage them increase the budget to the National Science Foundation immediately so the United States does not embarrass itself when it has to pull out of some International polar projects it has already committed to because, for the first time, they sliced off a chunk of the NSF proposed budget; by a lot).

Before I indulged in the chocolaty goodness of my banana bread, I went on a jog in the perfect weather. Then I fixed dinner and had my delicious lime burger with a super-yummy salad, some of my green tea lemonade, and, of course, the bread for dessert. I am full. Tonight, it's back to my creative projects and a movie I rented for the evening.

(Don't worry, Laura. I've got more burgers to grill when you get back)!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What all goes into a lime burger?

andrea said...

Ahh, yes, the recipe:
1 pound ground beef
1 packet of onion soup mix
1 slice of bread, crumbled
1 egg
zest of lime to taste (you'll have to experiment a couple times to get it right).
Mash together and mold into burgers (I do 4 burgers with this recipe, but you can make them smaller--or bigger--if you'd like).

Kelsey said...

yum! sounds so good. I am always impressed by your cooking...my life generally consists of lean cuisines and salad out of a bag. :)

Kris said...

Mmmmm...
drooling...
K