I can hardly believe today marks the first of July! It's the first day of the second half of the year.

Yesterday I flew from Port au Prince to Denver. We were delayed three and a half hours in Haiti and I have never literally had to run through the airport to catch a connecting flight until yesterday. I whizzed through immigration, my bag was one of the first on the carousel, breezed through customs, dropped the luggage, ran through security and to my gate of departure. To my benefit, the pilot of the plane was also delay coming in. The flight had been loaded and ready to go for over an hour when I arrived there. The casualties of the trip: I did not get my Starbucks Miami mug, my cell phone is on, but unresponsive, and my suitcase did not arrive to me until 5pm today.

I am grateful that I felt well the last day in Haiti. I will miss the fresh produce, watching women haul loads on their heads, the flowers, the colors, the amazing work that GLA is doing for kids in Haiti, the beautiful hills, and friendly people from my team, the orphanage staff, and the Haitians. I do not know if I will go back again, but I do know that I was a part of something there that God started and is continuing to use as a labor of love in the mountains outside of Port au Prince.

Today, I caught up. I sorted out a few things and unpacked a little. I sent some overdue personal e-mails. I looked at a lot of pictures. I rested. Tomorrow I will put my nose the the pavement in search of a job again, and hopefully get my phone fixed up.
1 comment:
Welcome home, Andrea! I'm glad you had such a good time and allowed your heart to be open to these wonderful people.
Crazy story about your luggage!
Post a Comment