This morning we woke up to our last full day in Haiti. It is Sunday, another restful weekend day. I spent some time cuddling with a cooing baby this morning before we loaded up to go to church. The community GLA is involved with here meets at a Haitian radio and television missionary's home. We had a nice breakfast (including some fantastic and rare mangoes) there with a group of about 20 people and then spent the morning worshiping with them.
The house had a wonderful little veranda overlooking the cliff it is built onto and we enjoyed the flowers below us and the view beyond us.The afternoon was fairly quiet. I helped a little girl walk for awhile and then watched her nap on my shoulder. We watched a bit of satellite television and I was able to spend some time by myself for awhile to journal and think. A storm gathered over the mountain south of GLA, but very little rain fell out of those clouds to us.
When walking between the buildings, I noticed a dark unusual shape walking toward me. I found a big hairy tarantula moseying down the stairs. It was about the size of my hand if it were all stretched out. I took a step back, and then got my camera out!Tomorrow morning we leave here about 9:30 (central time) and I will be back in Denver with Laura about 9:00pm (mountain time).
It's been an eventful and not-all-together-easy trip for us. I am ready to come home, but will take a lot of good memories, too. I came across this verse today:
Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgements, and his paths beyond tracing out! Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor? Who has ever given to God, that God should repay them? For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen. -- Romans 11:33-36 --
It is not in my wisdom and knowledge to know why God sent me here, but trust that this is part of everything (in Haiti) is from, through, and to him.


2 comments:
Dear Andrea,
For some reason, God has put your family in the forefront of my brain, so have been praying & thinking about all of you for a couple weeks. I went to Angie's blog and there was your's! Just too cool. Happy reunion with Laura. Hugs all around. Stop by our house when next in Kirkland. Joy T.
Ewwwwww... that spider is soooo grosssss...
You have amazing pics, A! :)
Post a Comment