2009.
To each their own adventure.
Below you'll find a little about mine. Keep in touch and tell me about your life's journey, too!

Monday, August 25, 2008

a lot of nothing

Today I was bored, exhausted from not sleeping well the last week, and severely drained of motivation to apply for job number 109-ish (and then, consequently, not hear anything back regarding my tailored application). So, instead, I made a couple of my cards, worked on a personal graphic design project, and wrote a four page letter to my friend, Erin. I also went to the craft store for modge podge (glue), for the sole reason of getting out of the house, and stopped at Starbucks just to talk to a familiar former coworker, Veronica. It seemed like a boring, lonely, and un-accomplishing sort of day. Then I read this from the book Emily kindly sent to me and realized that I have a purpose; even in little things:

This week, listening to God and doing what it seemed like he was asking looked a lot like doing nothing, really.
-- Shauna Niequist, from Cold Tangerines --

3 comments:

Neil said...

It's fun to catch up on your Blog Andrea. Take care of yourself. Enjoy your time off. You'll have the rest of your life to work. ;)

Emily Dykstra said...

HI, Girl-

I have three friends who are in your situation of not being employed.

I think you should write a book or booklet on musings from unemployment. Example: "Ten Things to NOT Tell a Person Who is Sans Job" or "Top Ten Books to Read" etc.

Kris said...

Hey there! Just catching up on your blog. I'm glad you are finding the fun in your everyday. I have no great advice or cute adage to say, except that I love reading about your adventures, great and small. Have a great weekend!