one. smelling evergreen trees.two. watching a good, redemptive movie with a cute lead actor (totally recommend Bella).
three. attending the church I grew up in and still feeling like I'm part of the family.
four. listening to great music with my sub-woofer in my car on a rainy day.
five. circus animal crackers; ya know, the ones totally coated with pink and white frosting and sprinkles!?
six. enjoying lunch with old friends, catching up with old neighbors, and snarfling* dessert with cousins and relatives.
seven. receiving a phone call from a friend who makes me feel like I still have an interesting life; even when I've got nothing to do except talk about what could be, should be, or might be (thanks, Amanda).
eight. sending a letter to a friend, or five friends, about all the things that could be, should be, or might be, but are not yet.
nine. making a kid smile. I make faces at them all the time and it makes them laugh (for ages 3 months to 4 years-ish only, though).
ten. sharing a similar experience or emotion with a friend and knowing someone else "understands."
*This is not really a word, but I used it a lot when I was little and think it should be revived:
Snarfle: v. the act of eating rapidly.
example 1) Jane was so hungry, she snarfled her breakfast.
example 2) No one else will get any supper if you keep snarfling all the food!


1 comment:
I definitely think snarfle should be added to the dictionary! In fact I think I'll start using it right now, even before it becomes official.
Post a Comment