2009.
To each their own adventure.
Below you'll find a little about mine. Keep in touch and tell me about your life's journey, too!

Monday, August 4, 2008

summer vacation

I am finally in a place where I am putting aside my lack of work, and really enjoying the time I have with my friends and family. The last couple weeks in Denver and the first couple weeks in Washington have been filled with memories and people and positive feelings. I have enjoyed not constantly sitting in front of the computer waiting for jobs to be posted or for someone to call me back. While I am still quite invested in the job-seeking process, I feel a bit like I am on summer break.

On Monday afternoon, I drove out to Birch Bay to pick up Kirrin and Jeremy from their long weekend in Vancouver. We took a walk with Kirrin's aunt and uncle along the beach and watched a seagull verbally attack a bald eagle.

After our walk we bought ice cream cones and enjoyed a bit more of the area before heading back to Bellingham. I had to be back in the Seattle area for an interview on Tuesday morning, and my two Kiwis were flying out on Thursday morning, so we planned two nights in Seattle with Dave and Chelsea, our Antarctic friends, again. This time around, the weather for the week looked fantastic in comparison to the cool rain in recent days!

No comments: