2009.
To each their own adventure.
Below you'll find a little about mine. Keep in touch and tell me about your life's journey, too!

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

my hero of the week

I have a special verbal award I say to people who have made my day a little better, or who take a step out of their way to do something for someone else. I tell them they are my "hero of the day."

My conversation with the FedEx man went like this:

Andrea:
You're my hero of the week for delivering this.


FedEx Man:
Smiles, scans the envelope, and hands it to me.

Andrea:
I can go to Brazil tomorrow now.

FedEx Man: You cut it that close and trusted FedEx to get it to you on time?

Andrea:
Nod with a, Thank you?! and flash a big smile.

FedEx Man:
Well, have a great trip! Laughs, gets in his truck and drives off to his next delivery.

Phew. I'm going to Brazil tomorrow.

Tonight I am headed to the Seattle area to stay with Sara for the night and then flying out of Sea-Tac in the late morning.

After looking at my frequent flyer miles and determining that I'd like to visit South America (my quest for continents), I considered Rio de Janiero (inspired by Stan Getz' song, The Girl from Ipanema) or Buenas Aires. However, after finding out that I have a friend, Shaun, from Antarctica, living in Sao Paulo, I booked my ticket there. He has kindly offered to let me stay at his place while I'm in the country for a week. This will be a much-needed mental break for me; although, I will continue job searching a bit while there.

Buenas Aires, Tierra del Fuego, and Macchu Picchu remain very high on my South American to-do list, but for another time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip! Please take lots of pics and post them here....like you always do. I look forward to hearing about your adventures. BTW, my company has an office in Sao Paolo.

Kerri said...

Wow, sounds like an adventure -- you're so full of those! In the midst of any frustrations about job hunting, be sure to not forget just how much more fun you're having than the rest of us! Hope you have a fabulous time! I'm looking forward to the pictures already.