2009.
To each their own adventure.
Below you'll find a little about mine. Keep in touch and tell me about your life's journey, too!

Monday, September 29, 2008

o regresso

My return to the United States was mostly uneventful. My flights were alright. I probably slept more on my Sao Paulo to Dallas trip than I ever have before. Customs and immigration went smoother than silk. I had a short amount of time for a layover, but I picked up a bite to eat and some coffee.

I noted I was back in The States by the crabby unhelpful Americans. I find it quite sad, but smile to hope their day might improve by it.

On my flight from Dallas to Seattle, I joined a number of US Armed Forces flying home from Afghanistan and Iraq. That was a prideful American moment when, at the end of the flight, they were recognized and allowed to disembark the aircraft first to cheers from everyone else. There are certainly a number of stories I heard from these men as they looked forward to spending time with their families and friends!

I was also on the right side of the plane to have a spectacular view of Mount Rainier flying into Washington. We flew to the East and North of the mountain on a stunning day in the Pacific Northwest.

Sara picked me up from the airport and we had a nice soup lunch together before she went to work. Then I stopped in Seattle to see Matt for coffee since he was in town to finish his fish research from the summer and a high school reunion. Finally, I stopped to see Dave and Chelsea in the same neighborhood before driving north back to Bellingham. For a trip up I-5, I couldn't ask for a nicer, more beautiful evening.

I am glad to be back in a land where I can understand people and they understand me, but really sad to leave the adventure, the rest, and the trip behind! I had a fantastic time exploring, learning, seeing, and participating in life in Brazil; likely one of the best vacations ever.

I've returned.

3 comments:

That Girl said...

Hello from a fellow graphic design lover!
was just blog hopping by and thought id say hello!
i love the Sisterhood of the Travelling pants too
!!!!

Kelsey said...

I love your photos from the trip! I'm glad you had a good time and were able to get away. Thanks for your note today, it was encouraging. In times like this I often pray that I will learn whatever God wants me to learn quickly so that we can move on to the next thing. :) But I am really looking forward to October; I hope it will be a good break. I pray it will soon be time for things to start falling into place for you!

Kerri said...

Wow, thanks for the fabulous narration of your trip and the pictures as well... it was the next best thing to actually being there! What an adventure :) I'm ready to pack my bags now!