2009.
To each their own adventure.
Below you'll find a little about mine. Keep in touch and tell me about your life's journey, too!

Thursday, September 18, 2008

the traveling part of travel

Tuesday evening I drove to Seattle to spend the night with my sister, Sara, before heading off to the airport on Wednesday morning. It was nice to see her and I was glad she could bring me to the airport and use my car while I'm gone. On the way down I thought I saw a fire up in the foothills until I realized it was the moon rising through the clouds.

My flights were great. On the first from Seattle to Dallas I even received a warm cookie from the warm flight attendant. The woman next to me was eying me suspiciously when he passed it over her to me.

The flight from Dallas to Sao Paulo was too long to sit and too short to get any good sleep, but I survived. A kind Brazilian man who spoke English sat next to me and answered a lot of questions and provided some traveling tips. We watched a spectacular orange, now-waning, moon rise somewhere over the Gulf of Mexico. The flight landed early, I zipped through the airport, withdrew some reais from the cash machine (a challenge when the instructions begin in Portuguese), and had time to sit and collect some early morning thoughts before getting in touch with Shaun.

No comments: