It occurred to me this week that I have not experience the season of autumn for three years. No wonder leaf collecting is such a novelty!This morning, the relatives took a trip to the McPhail Farm in Lynden for a hayride to the pumpkin patch. The weather was cool (rather autumnal) and started out a bit cloudy, however, this neck of the woods is due for some lovely sunny skies in the weekend, and we saw some sun rays split the clouds before we left.
Our trip involved a short hayride to the pumpkin patch where we wandered about; searching for the perfect orange vegetable. I took some pumpkin pictures, watched the three boys trip, skip, and fall through the muddy vines and weeds, while honing in on the bigger and better looking orange pumpkins. Heading back to the farm buildings, we fed some animals, had some fantastic apple cider, and eventually got chased off the property by some late-season bees.
After lunch and some pumpkin carving (of course), I was able to meet up with Angie, Jessica, and Lucy at the Re-Store. There are plenty of interesting and unique, sometimes old pieces of home improvement projects there. I definitely saw some creative potential with some door handles and a couple of cupboard doors.The four of us also indulged in a bit of coffee at Espresso Avellinos which is a lovely, quaint spot downtown Bellingham with a quite tasty amaretto latte!
What a great crisp autumn Saturday to spend with family and friends!


No comments:
Post a Comment