I made caramel apples today. My sister, Laura, put them together with her friend, Bri, last week and she ate one for me in honor of my birthday. But, I just got a hankering to make my own, so I had mom send the recipe this morning, picked up the ingredients on my way back from the coffee shop this afternoon, and whipped up a batch.The caramel tastes fantastic. After coating the apples, I made a big goober of the leftover caramel on the waxed paper for "later" (ie. as soon as I post this blog).
Unfortunately, this was not my finest batch of the candied apples. My mistake may have been not letting the caramel cool enough before putting it on the fruit, but I believe more of my problem came due to the wax on the granny smiths. I'm quite sure that the caramel melted the wax and forced my candy coating to slide off the apple.The flavors are all there; they just don't appear to be as beautifully coated as they should; all because people would rather buy a bright, shiny green waxed apple rather than a dull one. Such is life.


3 comments:
Yum....they look delicious even though the caramel may be a little droopy. :-)
They look yummy! Would love to see the recipe if you have a chance to post it.
MMMmmm...my kiddos would love to dive into those...who am I kidding?? ME TOO!
I love your blog for all the ways you do find the amazing things in the everyday. Your pictures and thoughts are a joy to read!
Post a Comment