you'd expect, but great for me, nonetheless. It's not so much about traveling the earth; although, that can help, but more about exploring the world you find yourself in each new day.The book begins with T.S. Eliot's quote: We shall not cease from exploration and at the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time (this was me when I moved back to Washington last year).
Within the first two pages I was hooked on the eclectic creativity within these pages. Now I have a creative-idea-source to draw from, assignments to contemplate, and new ways of perceiving the world around me; especially when I'm bored.
I knew this was especially suited to me. When I perused through the pages and found "exploration #33: arrangements," of which part of the idea is to collect something. Leaves were the featured example. Strangely enough, this afternoon on my walk, prior to getting the book in the mail, I collected some bright red leaves that caught my attention and I was ironically thinking of how I could arrange them.
The book is one of the more well-thought-of gifts I've received lately! Thank you, Angie!


No comments:
Post a Comment