If you did not already know, today is my 30th birthday. I have been looking forward to this day for quite some time now and actually, look past it, towards what the future holds in my life. This is hopefully a turning point, a new beginning, a day to usher in a new decade of change, new experiences, new friendships, and another batch of adventures (after all, I still have two continents to find my way to, yet). My emergency medical insurance went up $5 per month. I fit a new demographic, but people still ask me if I'm "in school." That will keep me young, but the question is starting to annoy me (seriously, do I look 19?). I'm going for 26. That seemed to be a good age to stall at. I checked this morning and I do look remarkably the same as I did yesterday, though.Last night, I visited my friend, Maria, in Abbotsford, British Columbia for hot chocolate and three hours of great conversation. On the way home, I realized how amazing it was that we were friends nearly 15 years ago and now that friendship has been restored again this year. I've been doubly blessed!
I also found it amazing that I came full circle. I was born in Abbotsford. So, last night, I was back in the same town where my mom was laboring for my life thirty years ago! And look how many fascinating things have filled that time since!
Thanks for the phone calls, e-cards, e-mails, notes, and postings. It's been fun; keep them coming. I intend to continue celebrating for a week, or two yet! And, if you haven't sent your birthday postcard to me (see above, or click here), I have plenty of them to send out yet!


5 comments:
Happy birthday Andrea! I hope you have a wonderful day (and decade)!
I found your post inspirational. I admit that as my age creeps up I've been dreading the big 3-0. Shall I say I wanted to stall at 26? But your optimistic looking-forward-to-adventure attitude puts my pathetic I'm-getting-old(er) whininess to shame. Thank-you for that reminder.
And yes, you do look 26.
Kerri
ps -- was the photo taken at Boulevard Park?
Yes, I've been going out there for my coffee every Tuesday and Friday (they have free wi-fi, too). So, I did the same thing this morning; except I didn't force myself to look for jobs today! The weather is a bit crummy, but the trees still look spectacularly colorful this year!
Happy Birthday! Excited to hang out tomorrow!
My oh my! 30 years old! Happy Birthday, Andrea.
I enjoy reading your blog and keeping up with your life. Keep writing.
U. Bob
Post a Comment