2009.
To each their own adventure.
Below you'll find a little about mine. Keep in touch and tell me about your life's journey, too!

Sunday, November 30, 2008

a relative celebration

Thanksgiving was a wonderful time to spend with some of my relatives and celebrate all we have to be thankful for. My relatives gathered on the eastern side of Washington and enjoyed our time out on the dairy.

My cousin, Brad, provided some hay rides which were particularly fun for the five kids running around; but you'll notice there are some great smiles on the adult faces here, too!

I was hoping to milk a cow, but the closest I came was walking by their pasture while I took a little tour of the farm. There were no cows ready to be milked, so I'll have to save that for another time!

One thing that the kids will probably remember about this Thanksgiving was the pumpkin smashing. Since it's about that time of year when pumpkins start rotting and smelling, and when the evergreens replace the harvest theme, we had to get rid of the pumpkins decorating the house. So, on the day after Thanksgiving, we all went outside, and tried all measures of throwing, catapulting, and slinging pumpkins to crack them open. Then the kids went after them with a hoe, or their foot to destroy what was left. I enjoyed the process and found it rather humorous.

I drove from Eastern Washington to Seattle on Saturday. On the way towards the Cascade Mountains, I had fantastic sunny weather, along with another ding in my windshield, too. It didn't take long for me to find some clouds again, as well. By the time I reached Snoqualmie Pass, my car was drenched.

No comments: