2009.
To each their own adventure.
Below you'll find a little about mine. Keep in touch and tell me about your life's journey, too!

Sunday, November 30, 2008

staying with sara

I stopped off in Seattle to spend a couple days with Sara again. I have been doing quite a bit of walking around the city and today was no exceptions. We intended to only visit R.E.I. so she could get a water bottle, but then we ended up getting coffee, walking toward the waterfront, and Pike Place Market, and Ivars for clam chowder.

Since we were down there and we saw the ferries floating in and out of the pier, we figured we could walk on a ferry, so we had one of the most fascinating rides I have ever had into the fog on the ferry. The sun was also disappearing, so we felt quite strange traveling through the thick fog on the water as the evening turned a faded blue to black.

We caught the Seattle to Bainbridge Island Ferry. On the other end we had to get off and walk back on for the forty minute ride back. Even at night, the city lights did not beat the fog that was looming over the tall buildings.

The whole city is still engulfed in clouds, but not rain.

2 comments:

Kerri said...

That sounds like a wonderful day -- what fun to have the time and opportunity to just "walk on a ferry" and enjoy the ride with your sister :)

Kelsey said...

I love the fog! Although it almost prevented me from flying out of Seattle...it was so thick on Sunday afternoon! But I made it. :)