Last night, I got back from my weekend in British Columbia and, while unpacking and cleaning, listened to this song that accurately describes my heart:
I’ve had questions without answers,
I’ve know sorrow, I have known pain.
But there’s one thing that I’ll cling to:
You are faithful, Jesus, you’re true
In the lone hour of my sorrow,
Through the darkest night of my soul,
You surround me and sustain me;
My defender forever more.
When hope is lost, I’ll call you Savior.
When Pain surrounds, I’ll call you healer.
When Silence falls, you’ll be the song within my heart.
And, I will praise you.
When the tears fall, still, I will sing to you...
...Like a well in the watered garden who’s springs never fail.
You’re the spring that never fails.
When the Tears Fall -- Newsboys --
While understanding the difference, I have been able to feel the difference between "happy" and "joy" this year. Happiness comes and goes throughout our life situations. Joy sticks around. I am wishing you to find that feeling of JOY for the holidays, too


2 comments:
I've always really liked that song. I hope life is feeling a bit better now.
Joy. Elusive joy. This was a very thoughtful post, Andrea. I hope your joy comes more easily each and every day. And I wish happiness for you, too.
Post a Comment