For someone who was hoping for milder temperatures this December after the last two in Antarctica, I am certainly not the one you should come to if you're excited about the snow.I came back from a wonderful weekend away at my friends, Maria and Colin's home in Abbotsford, British Columbia to find a nice coating all over everything. It meant the road was slippery enough that I didn't want to risk the last 1/8 mile uphill with my car (I already need to replace the windshield now that I developed a large crack rather randomly last Friday). So, I parked at the bottom and dragged all my belongings from the weekend up the slippery slope.
The white is pretty in a cold sort of way. I won't be disappointed if it melts soon; although our forecast is for much more cold this week.
Now that the snow level has dropped, the mountains look absolutely glorious. This photo is taken from Bellingham, looking into Canada. Yesterday Maria and I took a drive up to the top of a hill in Abbotsford and looked out over the mountains with their new snow on a clear day. In the midst of my life's frustrations God is so good!


No comments:
Post a Comment