After a gorgeous morning of driving right on the coast, I spent the next hour traveling through Monterrey and up toward San Francisco. I had never been there before, and had originally intended to camp a couple extra nights up the coast, but after the freeze, decided to hurry my trip along so I would not have to be cold for another December night.

I also figured that San Francisco is probably a city best seen with the company of other people, so determined to only stop at the Golden Gate Bridge. The structure is a very pretty sight to behold. I encountered it on a partially sunny day, found a parking spot with time still left on the meter, whipped through their gift shop for a couple postcards, took a short walk to have some foreign tourists take my snapshot on a couple of occasions, called my sister to say
hello from The Bridge, and hopped back in my car to be on my merry way.

So, I got my view of the Golden Gate, and my free northbound trip across this bridge. I took in Alcatraz in the hazy distance; leaving it, a trolley car ride, and a visit to Ghirardelli Chocolate on the Wharf as places of exploration for a subsequent journey through the city (perhaps between the warmer camping months of April through October).
No comments:
Post a Comment