Sunday morning I woke up frozen and early to explore the Pacific Coastline in Highway 1 between San Simeon and San Francisco. I made plans to be back in Chico, California in time for supper, so I had a lose time frame to work with.

By 7:30am, I was packed up and on the road. My main objective of the morning was to find elephant seals. It is early to spot them, but I had heard a few tourist talking about them. I stopped at one particular view point along the road and was certainly not disappointed. As soon as I got out of the car, I could hear their guttural sounds from above the beach. Immediately, I saw two playing or fighting in the water and then walked a long a boardwalk where the the beach was busy with the loafing large seals and some regular seals, too.

Most of my drive I took in the scenery from the car. Highway 1 is full of twists and turns that rarely allow anyone to drive the posted 55mph. Despite the slow going toward San Francisco, I was simply delighted to take in the ocean scenes! It was a great Sunday morning for worshiping God on a sunny ocean coast road!
No comments:
Post a Comment