2009.
To each their own adventure.
Below you'll find a little about mine. Keep in touch and tell me about your life's journey, too!

Monday, January 5, 2009

an extended visit

On the way back to Washington, I spent a week in the Portland area to visit friends. My family has known the Leep family from well before I was a thought. In addition to spending a lot of time resting and enjoying the New Year, I gratefully took advantage of getting to know them a bit better again!

Some of the highlights with them were watching Uncle Carl, unsuccessfully roast chestnuts over an open fire, shopping (only a little bit) and going out for coffee several times; once at their family-favorite shop called Long Bottom, cracking open fresh crab and eating it with bread and butter, and sleeping in.

I found this week's stay to be just what I needed for some rest and relaxation!

No comments: