2009.
To each their own adventure.
Below you'll find a little about mine. Keep in touch and tell me about your life's journey, too!

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

friends and waterfalls

On my last day in Oregon, we decided to trek out to Multnomah Falls. The weather turned quite rainy, but it's a waterfall; so you're bound to get wet anyway, right? Due to the heavy amounts of melting snow and rain, plenty of waterfalls were cascading down rock faces on their way to the Columbia River. I am continually impressed at how much water escapes from the hills; it seems like it should run out.

I hadn't visited this falls for quite awhile and while it looks pretty much the same as I remember it, I really like rediscovering things with an adult mind. As a kid, I seemed to miss the significance of places I visited or things I saw. Now is a better time to remember and recreate thoughts about places.

In the evening, I was able to get together with a friend, Laura, who I went to kindergarten with. She has a family with three boys and lives in Beaverton. Our time spent together was filled with warm conversation and stories about the unusual paths that God has lead us on and how he has developed our lives to be where they are right now.

The next morning, I packed up and was on the road again.

No comments: