On the Pacific Coast, we like to eat clam chowder. One of the famous brands for this delectable treat is Ivar's Seafood restaurant. Their chowder is thick and creamy and delicious.However, for those of us who cannot frequent the Ivar's so much, there's always a good homemade recipe. I visited my friends, Dave and Chelsea two weeks ago and had some fantastic clam and corn chowder with them. Yesterday, I cooked up a batch and it turned out quite tasty. So, I recommend you give this recipe a shot, too. Use your big pan, it makes a generous amount.
PS. I used 'seafood' stock if you can find it. Only one of three grocers I visited carried it.


2 comments:
ooooh YYM!!! Love clam that soup!! I might just have to make me some :)
~maria
wow. it appears i can't type. i meant to say i love that soup....with clams. and YUM.
Post a Comment