2009.
To each their own adventure.
Below you'll find a little about mine. Keep in touch and tell me about your life's journey, too!

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

the movies

For the first time since last summer I went to see a movie in the theatre. Laura and I saw Prince Caspian. It did seem a lot like some other movies we'd seen in the last few years with the epic battle scenes and broad sweeping New Zealand vista shots, and we are uncertain how well it followed the book since we hadn't read it in awhile, but I summed it all up with this:

We all take humiliating falls like King Peter, The Magnificent. We all know we should have faith like Queen Lucy and courage to use it. Watching Aslan gather up the river waters near the end of the film, I was reminded of the even greater power God has to set the world right again; a Creator, Redeemer, and Savior greater than us.

2 comments:

Emily Dykstra said...

This film looks amazing.

Kris said...

Oooo...we are really eager to get out and see this!
Sounds like a good one!
K