I do not typically like watching a lot of television. But, since I also do not have a job right now, I have a few syndicated shows that I have been watching, and some daily newsies to keep my mind from shriveling up in my solitude every day.
I don't really have a particular place in my heart for the show Full House, but when I was waiting for my other shows to come on, I caught the last minute of it where Danny says, "We can't live in the future, just like we can't live in the past." It was a good reminder that I can enjoy the present, even if it is not where I want to be. I still can't stand the show!
This past week I have also become aware that syndicated television shows have a lifespan; especially when there is an episode on each day. I am reaching the point where they are beginning to roll over (back to the beginning or to where I've seen all the episodes already). That really makes me feel pathetic; like I need a job!
I'm not particularly partial to any of the shows that I'm watching. Most of them are fluffy and too dramatic to fit into my low-key lifestyle, but I think there is some value to having something to do if I'm home during those times. I also enjoy some quiet time and don't let the shows determine my schedule of outdoor activities; like a walk to the coffee shop, or a run to the park.
So, what am I watching, you may ask? I start the day with the Today Show. I have my favorite, the 6:30pm BBC News. Tuesday nights I'm trying out the new Secret Life of the American Teenager. Sunday nights I've been keeping up with In Plain Sight. And, my more embarrassing shows have been the daily regimen of What I Like About You and Gilmore Girls. Late at night I've also been enjoying M*A*S*H* (thankfully they have a lot of seasons in the kitty).
So, here's to a deeper less dramatic 2009 television series (bring back my favorite, Alias), and to hoping that I get a job soon and so I can relinquish my addiction to been-there-seen-that television series!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Um, don't worry... I don't even have any tv and still manage to watch worse shows than you. My roommate and I discovered that there are a ton of them online. It's kinda been our downfall.
Shows I readily admit to: The Office and uh, nothing else
Shows I don't really talk about but that still manage to get watched: The Bachelor, My Super Sweet 16, Hell's Kitchen, and an assortment of reality tv. I don't know why I like it so much.
So compared to me you're much better. You can now give yourself a pat on the back.
Post a Comment