2009.
To each their own adventure.
Below you'll find a little about mine. Keep in touch and tell me about your life's journey, too!

Monday, September 8, 2008

a day for hiking

Sunday was a day made for the outdoors. It seems as though summer has finally reached Washington State for a stretch of time in September. You will not find me complaining.

Uncle Jerry, his friend, Lou, and myself spent the afternoon up in the Mount Baker and Mount Shuksan area of the Cascade Mountain Range.

One of my favorite places on earth is up at Lake Ann; our destination for the day. I traveled this trail last year as well. The trail is about four miles each way. First, it is a decent into a meadow-filled valley, a stroll through the woods, and then up some rock scree towards a ridge.

Once over the ridge, the lake is in sight and a minute later, you realize you're in the arms of an enormous mountain; Mount Shuksan. We arrived late enough in the day that we could hear the glaciers creaking, groaning, and breaking away. However, we were just too late to see the bear that was roaming through the area.

The lake itself is crystal clear as glass. We walked all the way around it and were offered some amazing photographic opportunities. I cannot say enough to describe what a gorgeous day we stumbled upon up at the lake!

Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God!...For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever! -- Romans 11:33 --

3 comments:

Angie said...

I thought that all of those people in the picture were remarkably posed like you stand in pictures. I clicked on it and realized it was all you. I like it!

Anonymous said...

very cool photo with the Andrea quadruplets! :-)

kcolquitt said...

you've been tagged!