2009.
To each their own adventure.
Below you'll find a little about mine. Keep in touch and tell me about your life's journey, too!

Monday, November 3, 2008

the domestic side

With the arrival of the cooler weather, I have been finding some "indoor" projects to take on (besides job searching).

The first is cooking up some treats. Caramel apples are hard to beat, but most recently I did banana bread. Since I haven't been able to stop eating chocolate, I made a loaf with jumbo chocolate chips and one without. This was by far, the best banana bread I have made in quite some time.

I also bought a desk. Perhaps, it's a subconscious effort to push things along on the job front for me (like, the more I open boxes and pull items out, the sooner I'll have to pack it all up and move somewhere), but I think that is wishful thinking. More consciously, I made the Goodwill purchase for $10 to help my posture when I'm working on the computer; which is nearly a full eight hours every day.

My project with the desk was to paint the interior of the drawers. I wanted something a bit bright and cheerful. If I end up keeping this piece of furniture, I will take on the larger project of staining the exterior a dark espresso brown, but in the meantime, this vibrant red will add some character and happiness to the new-very-well-used item; not that it needs anymore character as it came complete with coffee cup rings, plenty of scratches, and that grandma's attic sort of smell.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Love the red! That paint can looks oddly familiar... ReStore perhaps?

Kelsey said...

I can't stop eating chocolate either. :)